27 November 2009

BIRTHDAY and Thanksgivings

Birthdays, anniversaries, they all just mean another year has been added to your age!
I just had both actually.
November 18 was the anniversary of our arrival to live in Guatemala 3 years ago! In one sense it seems we just arrived recently, in another sometimes it seems we've been here a long time.
I am so thankful to God for leading us to Guatemala, there is NO WHERE I would rather be.
This is home and I couldn't be happier in any other place.

A few of our friends at Casa Kairos!

This being Thanksgiving time, I do want to first, thank God for everything! He has blessed me beyond anything I could ever have imagined. I am blessed with a wonderful family with kids I love and they love me! I also am blessed with an 'extended' family here in Guatemala. God has connected us with many youth that don't have the blessing of family like I do. Because of the love God has shown me, I can love these youth. They, in turn, are learning to love. They have become like our "2nd" kids! I do love them as though they were mine. Thanks God!
Our many other friends here in Guatemala, the Valdez family, Martinez', Melendez' and Ávila families, to name a few. The ministries God has granted us, the people we have met in Zona 3 by the dump...on and on and on.
I truly, truly feel like I am the most blessed person on the face of the earth.

On November 25th I celebrated another year of being! It was my birthday and after a nice dinner out with Sandi and Maria, we took 3 girls from casa juvenil and went to spend some time with the people at Casa Kairos, the home for children with cancer and their families.
We sang some songs with them, and of course ended with Feliz Cumpleaños and then lit the candles on two birthday cakes to share with them all!

Singing 'Feliz Cumpleaños'

There just happened to be one of the largest number of people I can remember at Casa Kairos that night. But, we had plenty of cake so everyone was happy.
I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than with the people at Casa Kairos, and they enjoyed it a whole lot too!

No comments: