21 December 2012

Back in the USA!

Did some traveling!
I was invited to visit some churches to share about La Luz Brilla to hopefully raise more needed support for this ministry. So, from November 9-20, I visited 5 cities in 11 days!
First stop was Baton Rouge, Louisiana!

Mississippi River
 Last June a team from Community Bible Church of Baton Rouge made their first (hopefully of many) trip to Guatemala! It was a great trip and we connected closely with this team. 
They have quickly gotten involved with our ministries even having began supporting us as missionaries of their church!

CBC Guatemala team 2012 and families
 I was invited to visit and get to know the whole church, and also share about La Luz Brilla.
I spent a few days there, they showed me around town, I spoke to all the combined adult and HS Sunday school classes, and was introduced to the church during the service!
They also arranged a dinner with all the members of the team from June with family members!
After church on Sunday, Pastor Steve and his wife hosted a lunch in their home, inviting the entire church and gave me more time to share about what we do and also La Luz Brilla!

GO Missions Conference at Texas A&M (yes...it was coooold)
 After I left Baton Rouge I went to Dallas, then drove with some fellow Camino Global people to College Station and Texas A&M! ( who would of thought).
They have a 2 day missions conference there each year and there were almost 7,000 students there!
And it got coooooooooold while I was there.
I went from College Station up to Denton, TX to spend a couple of days visiting our friends at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church.
From Denton I traveled to Phoenix, AZ. 
Finally a little warmth!

BIG cactus
I spent a couple of days there with Desert View Baptist Church in Gilbert, AZ.
Before I arrived I did not know a single person, but this is the church that gave us the funds to open La Luz Brilla! So I was able to meet many people and thank them for the blessing they have already been!
They gave me all the time I wanted to share, so I spoke for about 20 minutes at each of the 3 services Sunday morning! (or maybe a tad more ;))
We are excited that they are wanting to send a team to paint La Luz Brilla in 2013!

It was a very busy 11 days but the Lord allowed me to meet LOTS of new people and we look forward to building these relationships!


No comments: