27 October 2012

Flying to the USA!

It´s official, I have plane tickets, I am coming to a town near you!
Well, that is, if you are near where I am going.


I will be traveling to the USA for a 10 day trip to promote our La Luz Brilla ministry as we seek more people and churches to partner in this life changing ministry.
It has shaped up into a very full 10 days and I am excited to visit and meet many new people!
I will leave Guatemala on November 9 and fly via Houston to Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This will be my first time there and I am excited to see it! I am invited to share about La Luz Brilla and our ministries at Community Bible Church on Sunday the 11th. 
Community Bible Church sent a team to serve with us in June, and has just recently accepted us as supported missionaries of their church!

Community Bible Church team June 2012
Monday the 12th I will fly via Houston to Dallas, spend the night then drive to College Station, TX with a couple of other Camino people. We will represent Camino Global at a huge 2 day missions conference at Texas A&M University. We recruit several interns for our EMERGE program there each year.
I will return to Dallas the 15th and find my way to Denton, TX for a couple of days visiting our friends at St. Andrew Presbyterian Church! I will have a dinner with the missions committee and visit with all I can in a couple of short days. On the 17th I will fly, again via Houston, to Phoenix, AZ. I have been invited to speak at all 3 services of Desertview Baptist Church on Sunday the 18th, and also they will have a once a year evening service for Thanksgiving! 
I am excited for this also, as I do not know even one person at this church! But, they are the church they provided a gift that allowed us to open La Luz Brilla! 
Then I will leave from Phoenix on the 19th, arriving in Houston in the evening and, how fun, will spend the night in the Houston airport waiting for my flight home in the morning of the 20th.

I am excited about visiting new places and meeting new people, but it is a hard time to leave. There are many things happening here in November and I will be missing a couple of very important graduations. I will also miss several birthdays, and the baptism of one of our special young ladies.

Please pray for all of these connections and new people to meet. That the Lord would move many to desire to partner with us in supporting La Luz Brilla. We are in great need of sponsors.


No comments: